The 4th African Marine Mammal Colloquium
All marine mammal scientists of southern Africa are more than welcome to join us at the African Marine Mammal Colloquium. It is an opportunity to present your work, share and collaborate with others scientists. All abstracts are accepted, so feel free to submit yours!
Whatever your expectations are, they will be fulfilled.
The African Marine Mammal Colloquium will be co hosted by the Dyer Island Conservation Trust and the Mammal Research Institute. It will be structured as part workshop, part conference with all meals provided communally as part of the event in order to maximize opportunities for networking. Accommodation will be shared with your fellow delegates in guest houses close to the venue.
The Great White House, Kleinbaai, Western Cape, South Africa
This picturesque fishing village lies just outside Gansbaai, roughly 300km south east of Cape Town, at the beginning of the Cape’s Garden Route. The area is famous for its resident population of great white sharks and is also home to southern right whales, humpback dolphins, African penguins and Cape fur seals.
This locality will provide attendees with an isolated, quiet environment in which meals, accommodation and scientific needs can all be accommodated under one organisational umbrella, whilst keeping costs to a minimum.
Kleinbaai is approximately 3 hours drive from the Cape Town city centre and Cape Town International Airport. Shuttle services from Cape Town to Kleinbaai will be available at an extra cost to those without their own transport. We encourage the Cape Town locals to provide and share transport if at all possible.
Please register as soon as possible so that we can secure the accommodation.
• Arrive Sunday afternoon/evening: Registration and light icebreaker meal
• Monday-Thursday: Morning presentations; Afternoon workshops
• Friday: Morning session if necessary – spill over of programme items and wrapping up
· Standard registration (closes 7 May) – R4 000
· On site registration – R6 000
· Accommodation & evening meals for your spouse/partner – R3 600
· Accommodation (5 nights), all meals and meeting costs
· Flights and Transport from Cape Town city or Cape Town International Airport
· Lunch and dinner beverages (cash bar available)